Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Funchi, the Antillean staple, is a simple corn-meal preparation.
Make and share this Funchi (Corn-Meal Mush) recipe from Food.com.
- Mix in a heavy saucepan the cold water, cornmeal and salt.
- Stir in the boiling water and the tablespoon of butter.
- Bring to a brisk boil over high heat and cook for three minutes.
- Continue cooking an additional three minutes, stirring the funchi vigorously with a wooden spoon or palu di funchi. When the mixture is very stiff and pulls away from the sides of the pan, remove from the fire. Turn out into a deep, well-buttered bowl and cover with a plate. Now shake the funchi down in the bowl, then invert it on a serving platter.
- For a special Sunday breakfast fry sliced funchi in butter and serve with crisp bacon and scrambled eggs.
Delicious and so easy! Thanks!
I have looked for a recipe that would fry up nicely, which is my favorite way to serve it, with butter and maple syrup. This recipe is so easy, and really delicious. Thanks!