Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Got this from a neighbor, she used to make with her kids and my kids love them. Lots of fun when kids want to be in the kitchen :)
- 4 -5 cups flour
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 ounce dry yeast (one package)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm water
- 4 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in water.
- Combine salt, 4 c flour and grated cheese.
- Stir in yeast mix and add more flour if needed to form stiff dough.
- Knead 5-10 minutes until smooth.
- Break off small pieces and shape into any form.
- Put on ungreased cookie sheet. Brush each with beaten egg and sprinkle with coarse salt (optional).
- Bake @ 425 for 5-10 minutes until golden brown.