Recipe by **Jubes**
These mini muffins were made by a work colleague for a morning tea. They were so good, that I asked her for the recipe. If making these purposefully gluten free ensure that the chocolate, baking powder and thickened cream are all gluten free. Any artificial sweetener can be used in place of the sugar (if following a gluten-free diet take care that it is GF- splenda is gluten-free). You can really use any dried fruit or chip of your choice
- 200 g almond meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 75 g dried blueberries or 75 g currants or 75 g chocolate chips or 75 g dried cranberries
- 4 teaspoons caster sugar (superfine sugar) or 1 teaspoon artificial sweetener (Splenda)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons thickened cream (whipping cream)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C (fan forced).
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and then add the wet ingredients. Mix as lightly as possible.
- Spray a 24 hole mini-muffin tray well with cooking oil.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 180°C (fan forced) for approx 15 minutes.
- Allow muffins to cool in trays for 5 -10 minutes. Twist the muffins to remove them from the trays.