Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Kids love this icing on cupcakes! It is an easy to spread whipped cream-type icing with a pretty pastel color and a nice fruit flavor with a little bit of tang. It has a good consistency for piping from a pastry bag. If you ever need lavender icing, the grape flavor is a good altenative to mixing red and blue food coloring. (I don't work for Kraft Foods, honest!).
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping (Cool Whip)
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packet unsweetened Kool-Aid powdered drink mix (any flavor)
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and beat at medium speed until smooth.
- This makes enough to frost one 9x13-inch sheet cake or 24 cupcakes.
- Refrigerate any leftover frosting.
1 package or kool-aid was TOO much. The color is the same with a little or a lot. I would have put more marshmallow creme in if you want the piping to keep its shape. Taste was very good and it worked great as a filler between cake layers.
This worked well, and the kids loved it...but boy were they sticky after they each finished their little cake!!Thanks for the family fun night idea....