Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A twist on classic Sloppy Joes. This recipe was used for the annual fun fair at the local elementary school when I was a kid. This recipe has been scaled to serve a smaller number than the original, therefore the odd quantities!
- 6 lbs lean ground beef
- 5 large onions, chopped
- 1 5⁄8 pints ketchup
- 5⁄8 cup mustard
- 3 1⁄4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 loaf whole wheat bread
- Brown hamburger and onions. Drain fat.
- Add remaining ingredients and heat thoroughly.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Improves with increased slow cooking.