Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is THE perfect cake to make for and with kids! It looks like dirt and tastes like chocolate!
Make and share this Fun & Easy Chocolate Dirt Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (6 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 (18 ounce) package Oreo cookies
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 (5 ounce) package gummy worms
- 1 (5 ounce) package gummy frogs
- Take one large clean terracotta potting pot and clean with soap and water.
- Make one package chocolate pudding as directed on box.
- In electric food processor add Oreo cookies. Blend until smooth and looks like dirt.
- Take softened cream cheese and powdered sugar and mix/cream in bowl. You can use a hand mixer or a kitchen aide to make it easier.
- Carefully fold Cool Whip into cream cheese sugar mixture.
- Take half the pudding and add to the bottom of pot.
- Sprinkle 1/3 the gummy worms and bugs on top of pudding.
- Add half of cream cheese and powdered sugar on top of pudding/gummies.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of Oreo mixture onto the cream cheese mixture.
- Add other half of pudding.
- Add other 1/3 of gummy worms and gummy bugs.
- Add the rest of cream cheese and powdered sugar mix.
- Add rest of Oreo crumbs on top.
- Garnish with plastic flowers and gummy frogs, worms and bugs on top.
This is truly the best dirt cake recipe and it's sooo easy to make! I grew up having this for my birthday cake every year. We lost the recipe and just kind of forgot about it until I found it on this website! Super excited :)
Easy to make and the kids liked it. Photo is of small individual serving size "pots". The rest went into a large serving bowl. Cool dessert! PAC Spring '07