Recipe by Manda
Great for kids and groups! This is a wonderful group activity! It is fun, healthy, and tastes soooo good! I did this with a group of clients, and they could not believe how tasty the apples were. I had some diabetics in my group, so I also used some sugar-free Jello so that they could also participate. I often eat this as a snack at home whenever I get tired of just plain old apples. Try it!! Trust me, you won't be disappointed!!! FYI: Peeling the apple is left up to personal preference
Top Review by Karen=^..^=
My daughters enjoyed shaking the apples (peeled) and said they were good, but neither of them finished a whole apple. I think it just got too sweet for them after awhile. Maybe with a more tart apple, like granny smith, this would not be overly sweet. We used strawberry jello and it was very fruity tasting. Thanks for the fun snack idea.
- 1 (3 lb) bag Red Delicious apples
- 4 (3 ounce) boxesassorted flavors Jello gelatin (I use the berry flavors)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash apples.
- Have each person take an apple, cut in half, then into quarters.
- Remove seeds.
- Give each person a plastic baggie with about 1/3 of the packet of the Jello flavor of their choice poured inside.
- Have the group place one apple slice into their bag and seal tight.
- Play music for approximately one minute, and tell the group that they must shake their bags vigorously until music stops.
- Open bag, and enjoy the sweet and fruity apple!
- Continue until everyone has finished their apple.
- **Note:Sugar-free Jello may be substituted for regular, but the number of boxes needed will increase, due to smaller amount of crystals in sugar-free packets.