Recipe by Kishka
The name says it all - not authentic, but satisfying nonetheless. The happy result of a brainstorm session when faced with leftover cooked chicken and leftover rice from chinese takeout...
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 cups cooked chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 -2 cup cooked white rice
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 potato, diced (yukon gold or red)
- cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion, peppers and celery for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and sautee 1 more minute.
- Pour in diced tomatoes, chicken broth and potatoes. Stir, bring to a low boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add chicken, rice, cayenne pepper (the amount you use depends on your family's tolerance for spicy food - I usually give about 4 dashes), salt & pepper and sugar.
- Let cook for another 20-30 minutes to bring flavors together. Enjoy!