1/2 Photos of Fully Loaded Twice-Baked 'tatoes
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Chef Sean #2's Note:
You can use canned, frozen, or homemade artichoke hearts in this dish. From the June 2007 issue of Chile Pepper magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 large idaho baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup diced sweet onion (e.g. Vidalia or Maui)
- 1/4 cup diced mild green pepper (e.g. Bell)
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup diced ham (Smithfield recommended)
- 2/3 cup room temperature cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2/3 cup packed baby spinach leaves
- 2/3 cup chopped artichoke heart
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (e.g. Roquefort)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2With a sharp paring knife, make an X-shaped incision on the top of each potato.
- 3Place potatoes in the oven and bake 1 hour or until tender.
- 4Remove potatoes from the oven, and allow to cool.
- 5Meanwhile, in a saute pan oven medium-low heat, melt the butter, add the onion, mild pepper and Jalapenos and cook gently for approximately 4 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- 6Stir in ham and cook an additional minute.
- 7Remove pan from heat and set aside.
- 8In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese and sour cream. Set aside.
- 9Cut an oval in the top of each cooled potato; remove this portion of skin, and reserve.
- 10Scoop flesh out of potatoes, leaving a layer of flesh on the bottom and sides to make sure potato holds its shape; set aside.
- 11Chop the reserved potato skin, and mix with scooped-out potato flesh.
- 12Stir potato mixture into the cream cheese mixture.
- 13Add the sauted onion mixture, spinach leaves, artichoke hearts, bleu and parmesan cheeses, salt and pepper to the bowl, and stir until blended, using your hands if necessary.
- 14Pack potato filling into the reserved skins, mounding filling on top.
- 15At this point, the potatoes can be covered and refrigerated overnight, if desired.
- 16Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 17Return potatoes to the oven, and bake for about 25 minutes, or slightly longer if using chilled potatoes, until golden bown.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fully Loaded Twice-Baked 'tatoes
Serving Size: 1 (462 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 494.9
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 56.6 mg
- Sodium 791.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 14.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mild green peppers