Recipe by dmac085
This is a no bake recipe and the key to all the flavors blending well is to make sure the fruit, nuts and coconut are all in very small bits. This recipe has been floating around our workplace for a few years and we all take turns making it since we all have the recipe now. Easy to double as well. Hope you try it!
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice, bottled is OK
- 0.5 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 16 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice (drained)
- 0.5 (7 ounce) can mandarin orange sections (drained)
- 3 -4 maraschino cherries (drained)
- 1⁄4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans (chopped small)
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts (chopped small)
- 2 graham cracker pie crusts
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all drained fruit into a food chopper or processor and pulse to make into smaller bits.
- Place fruit into a mesh strainer and press out juices. The fruit must be fairly dry in order for the pie to set properly.
- Put the nuts and coconut into the chopper and pulse a few times to make into smaller pieces.
- Mix lemon juice and sweetened condensed milk with a mixer until well blended and it thickens.
- Fold milk mixture, strained fruit, nuts, coconut and Cool Whip together. Mix together lightly until all ingredients are well blended and evenly distributed in the filling.
- Divide the filling between the two pie shells, cover and refrigerate overnight to allow flavors to blend and the filling to set firmly.
- Serve cold.