Recipe by * Pamela *
A great use for all that Halloween Candy. I made these with a girls club and they were a huge hit!
Top Review by mommyoffour
I made these for Halloween (sorry so late, trying to catch up on reviews). We liked them very much I just couldn't get the caramel to stay on the apples. It all slid off while cooling. I'm not done with this recipe, I will try again and just use a different approach. Kids loved them anyway as did us adults.....Stephanie
- 12 medium apples
- 12 wooden sticks
- 700 g caramels (about 100 pieces)
- 4 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1 cup assorted decorative candies (jelly beans, gummy worms, smarties, etc.)
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash, dry and skewer the aples onto the stick.
- Melt the caramel and evaporated milk together in a glass container and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Repeat at 30 second intervals until mixture is smooth.
- Plunge the apples into the caramel mixture and twist to coat evenly.
- Place them on a wax paper covered cookie sheet.
- Press the candies into the warm caramel.
- Cool slightly in fridge to set candies.
- Melt chocolate chips, (you can also use orange candy melts)transfer to a ziploc bag.
- Cut off the end of the ziploc bag and drizzle chocolate over the apples.
- Eat and Enjoy :).