Recipe by Noo
These delicious burgers make a nice change from the more conventional beef burger. So simple to prepare and really tasty too! Obviously you don't need to use the bacon, cheese, avocado etc, but it is rather nice with them all included!
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 slices smoked bacon
- 2 avocados
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- 4 slices cheese, choose your favourite
- baby spinach leaves, 4 small handfuls
- mayonnaise, to serve (optional)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the Cajun seasoning ingredients together with a good grinding of black pepper and a sprinkling of salt. Set aside in a large dish.
- Gently flatten out the chicken (bash it gently with a rolling pin between two pieces of cling film), then drizzle with half of the oil and toss into the seasoning until completely coated.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan. Sizzle the chicken for 5 minutes on each side, until firm. Push to one side of the pan, then fry the bacon for a few minutes until cooked (of course you could always grill it!).
- While the chicken is cooking, halve, stone, peel and slice the avocados. Cut the ciabattas in half and toast the cut side of the buns. Cover the tops of the buns with cheese and grill until melted.
- Spread the bottom half of the bun with mayo (if using). Top with a handful of spinach, then a rasher of bacon. To keep the avocado in place, slice the chicken then alternate between a slice of avocado and chicken (I just cut almost through the chicken and push a slice of avocado into it).
- Top with the bun with melted cheese,press down lightly and serve with your favourite fries and salad!