Recipe by sandydann
I call this Fullers pot pie because my neighbors, the Fullers, rave about this. To cut prep time, use Perdue pre cooked chicken, frozen chopped onions & store bought pie custs
Top Review by onemissannie
This recipe was named for my parents - the Fuller's. I have made this recipe many, many times. It is absolutely wonderful. It is the perfect recipe for a new neighbor or if you need to make and deliver a dinner for someone. And everyone ALWAYS asks for the recipe. It makes 2 pies, so I always have one in the freezer when company arrives. Enjoy!
- 1 cup potato, peeled & diced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1⁄3 cup melted margarine
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 frozen deep dish pie shells
- 2 pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion, celery, carrots& potatoes in margarine for 10 min.
- Add flour to sauted mixture, stirring well.
- Cook 1 min.
- stirring constantly.
- Combine broth, half&half, salt& pepper.
- Stir into veggie mixture.
- Cook over med.
- heat, stirring constantly, until thick& bubbly.
- Add chicken& stir well.
- Divide into 2 deep dish frozen pie crusts.
- Top with refrigerated crusts.
- Cut slits to vent Bake at 400 deg.
- for 40 to 50 min or until pastry is golden& filling is bubbly.
- IMPORTANT~ LET SIT 10 to i5 MIN BEFORE SLICING.