Recipe by Fuller Cooking
This recipe is brought to you by http://www.fullersfineherbs.com Prawns are cooked in a wine broth and then marinated in herbs, garlic, lemon juice and olive oil.
- 1 lb large raw shrimp, shelled and cleaned
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons fuller's beaujolais herb seasoning mix
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first six ingredients in a 4-quart pot and bring to boil. Lower the heat; add the prawns and cook over medium high heat until opaque for about 3-4 minutes. Drain and cool the prawns.
- In a large bowl combine the remaining ingredients for the marinade.
- Mix well and add the cooked Prawns. Coat the prawns with the mixture. Cover the bowl and allow the prawns to marinate at least 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- Serve as an appetizer with cherry tomatoes or serve on a bed of lettuce for lunch or a light dinner. Serves three as an entrée. The recipe may easily be doubled.