1/1 Photo of Full-Steam-Ahead Fish
Steaming is a very healthy way to cook fish. The method retains ingredients' nutrients, and calories from fat are minimal since there's no need to use oil.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make bias cuts about 3/4-inch apart into the fish fillets (Do not cut completely through fish).
- 2Tuck 1 or 2 whole basil leaves into each cut.
- 3Rub fillets with garlic and ginger.
- 4Place peppers and asparagus in a steamer basket.
- 5Top with fish.
- 6Place basket into a large, deep saucepan or wok in which 1-inch of water is boiling. Cover; steam 6 to 8 minutes or until fish just flakes easily when tested with a fork. Makes 2 servings.
Browse Our Top Orange Roughy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Full-Steam-Ahead Fish
Serving Size: 1 (390 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.4
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 118.8 mg
- Sodium 161.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 36.0 g