Steaming is a very healthy way to cook fish. The method retains ingredients' nutrients, and calories from fat are minimal since there's no need to use oil.
- Make bias cuts about 3/4-inch apart into the fish fillets (Do not cut completely through fish).
- Tuck 1 or 2 whole basil leaves into each cut.
- Rub fillets with garlic and ginger.
- Place peppers and asparagus in a steamer basket.
- Top with fish.
- Place basket into a large, deep saucepan or wok in which 1-inch of water is boiling. Cover; steam 6 to 8 minutes or until fish just flakes easily when tested with a fork. Makes 2 servings.