Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A lovely omelet for 2. Use low fat cheddar to make it even better for you.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 3⁄4 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In lg skillet, cook and stir onion and green pepper in butter for 2 minutes.
- Add zucchini, tomato, oregano and pepper.
- Cook and stir for 6 minutes.
- Set aside.
- In bowl, beat egg whites, water, cream of tartar, and salt.
- Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Put the egg substitute in a lg bowl; fold in the whites.
- Place in a 10 inch ovenproof skillet coated with cooking spray.
- Cook over med heat for 5 minutes.
- Then bake at 350* for 10 minutes, until done.
- Spoon vegetable mixture over top.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake another 5 minutes, until cheese melts.