Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is my boyfriend's absolute favorite dinner that I make. I gave the recipe to my parents and they've made it twice in one week and my dad doesn't even like tacos!!! I usually just buy the hard shell taco kit because the seasoning is already included. It's so juicy and full of flavor, you'll love it!!! I list my portions for 2 so just multiply if you are serving for more people. Even though I have an accounting degree it's always easier to multiply ingredients than divide :p
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning (mild or hot depending on your liking)
- 3⁄4 cup salsa, of choice
- 3 -4 crushed hard taco shells
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix salsa and taco seasoning throughly until seasoning is completely dissolved into salsa.
- Crush tacos and place on plate.
- Dip chicken first in salsa mix then in shells and place on foil lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with any remaining shells.
- Bake for 40 - 45 minutes turning chicken halfway through cooktime.
- Serve and enjoy!
Made this last night with both breasts and thighs to compare them. This can probably be made with tortilla chips. I now have a partial box of taco shells to use. The tomatoes in the salsa won't stick to the chicken, so next time I'll use picante sauce. I threw away about 1/2 of the dipping salsa. Flavor was very good for both white and dark meat. Great aroma. I'll be making this again. Thanks for the recipe. Ann