Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
My favorite chicken and rice casserole by far. I always make two batches at once, cooking in separate baking dishes. (The reason being the one time I doubled the recipe and baked it all in a larger dish, it did not come out). If you really like bell peppers (like me) feel free to double the amount. Adapted from a TOH recipe.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- In a large skillet heat butter.
- Add chicken, onion, and green pepper; cook and stir until the chicken is cooked through.
- In a 1-1/2 qt baking dish mix mushroom soup, water, and spices.
- Add rice and chicken veggie mixture and stir.
- Cover and bake at 375 F for 55 minutes. Stir well before serving.
Didn't like the flavor of this dish at all. The chili powder tasted out of place.
I really liked the flavor of of this dish. The chili powder gave it a little extra spice which was really nice. I accidentally left out the 1 cup of water so my rice didn't cook very well and was a little crunchy! Oops! I can't complain about the recipe itself though. It turned out great!
Was very good. Will make again.