1/1 Photo of Full of Flavor Cheesy Corn Chowder
Comfort food? You got it! The secret to this recipe is the evaporated milk! This is several recipes combined to make one yummy soup!! I use my own home-grown and frozen corn (about 2 1/2 c.) and cream only about half of it...but, the frozen creamed corn from your grocer's freezer or canned creamed corn are great too! Sometimes I use a little seasoning salt instead of just salt to add a bit more flavor. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup onion, finely onions
- 3 cups potatoes, diced
- 1 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 packets ham, flavored concentrate Goya
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2-1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- chopped parsley (optional)
- 1In 3-quart saucepan melt butter.
- 2Add chopped onion and sauté until onion is clear, stirring occasionally.
- 3Add potatoes, water.
- 4Cover, bring to boil, lower heat and cook until tender about 10-20 minutes.
- 5Add corn, half and half, evaporated milk, ham flavoring packets, cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon, Old Bay seasoning, salt and pepper.
- 6Heat, stirring frequently until chowder bubbles slightly.
- 7If desired, garnish bowls of chowder with chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Full of Flavor Cheesy Corn Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.6
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 58.2 mg
- Sodium 382.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 9.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning