1/1 Photo of Full of Beans and Loving It!
This is another quick throw together, close to junk food dinner. When you are busy nutrition sometimes flies out the window and comfort food climbs in. Make it spicy or don't add any hot sauce, use fresh garlic & onions or follow the recipe - your choice
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) can pork & beans
- 10 ounces hot smoked spicy sausage, cut in bite size pieces
- 3 tablespoons dried garlic flakes or 3 fresh garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes or 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce (I use Denzils, Peaches n' Scream) (optional)
- 4 slices processed cheese or 4 slices your choice cheese
- 4 tablespoons salsa (optional)
- 1 large bun, cut in half (Submerine, Italian)
- 1Mix all the ingredients except the cheese and the bun in a saucepan.
- 2Heat til bubbling, pour over the two halves of the sub bun.
- 3Put cheese on top, place 2 tbsp of salsa down the middle of each sub.
- 4Place under the broiler until the cheese melts.
- 5Serve with a green salad.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Full of Beans and Loving It!
Serving Size: 1 (458 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 902.9
- Calories from Fat 520
- Total Fat 57.7 g
- Saturated Fat 23.2 g
- Cholesterol 145.9 mg
- Sodium 2568.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.8 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 40.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried garlic flakes