Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Simply delicious casserole.
- 453.59 g lean ground beef (plus)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 14.79 ml dried oregano
- 304.75 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 6 medium zucchini, sliced and unpeeled
- 236.59 ml Minute Rice
- 453.59 g container low fat cottage cheese
- 473.18 ml low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese
- Place sliced zucchini in bottom of 9" x 13" pyrex baking dish.
- Brown ground beef, garlic and onion in skillet.
- Add cream of mushroom soup and oregano.
- Mix well.
- Pour this mixture over zucchini; sprinkle with rice; layer with cottage cheese then cheddar cheese.
- Bake, loosely covered, at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- Place slices of tomato and Parmesan cheese; bake an additional 15 minutes, uncovered.
- Just serve with a fresh green salad and garlic bread.
- You'll be a winner!
This was a delicious meal and my family thought so too! It was pretty watery in the bottom. Is it supposed to do that? Maybe I did something wrong. Like I said though, it was delicious. : )
The bottom of this was extremely watery, but the overall flavor was okay.
Hearty casserole but a little bland. I highly recommend mixing the rice and cheeses together before spooning over the beef. Some of the rice along the edges that were missed by the cheeses never cooked.