Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
We own a daycare and received this recipe from a group center daycare. everyone likes this that has ever tasted it, it has a full meal in it. don't let the rice scare you off, it really is a great one.
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cooked ham or 1⁄2 cup cooked chicken or 1⁄2 cup cooked turkey, chopped
- 1⁄8 cup green onions or 1⁄8 cup chives
- 1⁄2 cup grated orange cheddar cheese
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and stir till combined.
- Divide into 8 muffin cups.
- Bake 15 minutes at 425 degrees or until tests done.
This was a fairly easy recipe and my family really liked it. The muffins tasted good and were 'portable". Depending on your ingredients, you could make this more breakfast-y or for dinner. I would have liked it cheesier, so next time I'm going to add more cheese. Overall, a great, easy convenient recipe!
Great recipe! And a great way to use some leftover rice and ham. Used reduced fat cheddar cause it was all I had and made 12 standard-sized muffins, baking about 13 minutes. Perfect for picky kids, for breakfast on the go, or for a light dinner with tomato soup. I'll use this recipe often. Thanks for sharing!