Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
One muffin is enough for a lunchbox!
Make and share this Full Meal Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (or use 1 cup whole spelt flour and 1 cup barley flour in place of white and wheat if you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled
- 3 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice, plus more as needed
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 zucchini, finely grated (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup currants (optional) or 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375º. Line a muffin tin with paper liners and spray with nonstick spray.
- Combine both flours, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda in a mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Place the bananas, blackstrap molasses, apple juice, and apple cider vinegar in a blender and blend until smooth. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together, then fold in the zucchini, walnuts, and currants or raisins. Use a bit more apple juice if needed to wet all the flour.
- Divide mixture evenly into the 12 lined muffin cups, and bake for 20 minutes, or until the top springs back to the touch. Remove muffins from the pan and cool on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container or freeze in individual freezer bags to pull out and put into lunches as needed.