Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
My husband is a steak man, and this is one of his very favorite ways to enjoy it. I have been making this for years, and I hope you enjoy it!
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon tarragon vinegar
- 3 lbs sirloin steaks or 3 lbs porterhouse steaks or 3 lbs beef t-bone steaks or 3 lbs rib eye steaks, approximately 1 1/2 inch thick
- Combine the sugars, ginger, garlic, soy sauce and vinegar together in a bowl.
- Place meat in shallow dish for marinating (I use a Tupperware specifically made for marinating, where you can turn it over easily-- a freezer bag works well also).
- Pour soy sauce mixture over meat.
- Allow steak to marinate at least 30 minutes, basting frequently and turning once or twice.
- The longer you are able to marinate it, the better.
- When ready to grill remove meat from marinade, reserving liquid.
- Place steak on grill about 3" from coals.
- Grill about 6 minutes or until one side is browned, basting frequently with reserved marinade.
- Turn and grill the other side about 6 minutes, or until done as desired.
This marinade was fantastic! I used some nice marbled ribeyes and marinated them for about 4 hours. The steaks had been in fridge prior to marinating, so I let them sit out at room temp until they went on grill. Perfection! My family couldn't say enough good things! Thanks for a wonderful recipe....Gina :)
We really enjoyed the steaks. I marinated them for about 3 hours in the fridge and then brought them out for about 1 hour before grilling. We had ours medium rare. Great recipe! Thanks.
Delicious marinade! I soaked our steaks in the marinade for about 1/2 hour. The taste was great but it could have used more time to be ultra fabulous. Thanks for a definite keeper!