A chewy, filling beer bread that pairs great with homemade soups. And very simple to make (mix everything. bake it. that's it). I've included a couple tips for a slightly sweeter bread, or a slightly herb-flavored bread; whichever compliments the beer you choose. Beer bread can also make a great (and Cheap!) holiday gift! Especially handy for coworker gifts (see gift suggestion in the directions).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease bread pans.
- 2Mix all dry ingredients. (For dark or sweeter beers [ex: a stout, or cherry wheat beer] add extra Brown Sugar. For a mid-range or hoppy beer [ex: a Yuengling, or an IPA] add Onion Power and Italian Seasoning).
- 3Add beer to dry ingredients and mix until moistened through. (Dough will be sticky. Do not try to kneed it like a traditional bread dough).
- 4Transfer dough to bread pan and top with melted butter.
- 5Bake 45-60 minutes (depending on oven); until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 6Holiday Gift Suggestion: Layer each dry ingredient in a Mason Jar. Add decorative fabric over the lid/under the jar ring. The gift tag includes baking directions, " -- Just add your favorite beer!" (or make a gift basket that includes an interesting beer to go in it).
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Full-Flavor Beer Bread
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.1
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 989.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: