Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A chewy, filling beer bread that pairs great with homemade soups. And very simple to make (mix everything. bake it. that's it). I've included a couple tips for a slightly sweeter bread, or a slightly herb-flavored bread; whichever compliments the beer you choose. Beer bread can also make a great (and Cheap!) holiday gift! Especially handy for coworker gifts (see gift suggestion in the directions).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease bread pans.
- Mix all dry ingredients. (For dark or sweeter beers [ex: a stout, or cherry wheat beer] add extra Brown Sugar. For a mid-range or hoppy beer [ex: a Yuengling, or an IPA] add Onion Power and Italian Seasoning).
- Add beer to dry ingredients and mix until moistened through. (Dough will be sticky. Do not try to kneed it like a traditional bread dough).
- Transfer dough to bread pan and top with melted butter.
- Bake 45-60 minutes (depending on oven); until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Holiday Gift Suggestion: Layer each dry ingredient in a Mason Jar. Add decorative fabric over the lid/under the jar ring. The gift tag includes baking directions, " -- Just add your favorite beer!" (or make a gift basket that includes an interesting beer to go in it).