A recipe from Ricardo that is popular with kids. So I had to try it. My son is beginning kindergarten tomorrow and I wanted to do something he'll like. And this recipe is a winner with it. With us also. It's so easy to do.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk, warm
- 2 cups macaroni (or other small pasta)
- 1⁄2 cup Cheez Whiz
- 1⁄2 cup orange cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (I omitted it because he doesn't like when it's spicy)
- salt (also omitted)
- In a medium saucepan, soften the onion in butter. Add flour and stir 1 minute. Add warm milk. Stir until the mixture has thickened.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook pasta in a large quantity of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain pasta and add to the sauce.
- Add all cheeses, paprika, cayenne pepper and salt. Stir until cheese has melted.