Recipe by Ceezie
Almonds, chocolate, and toffee…yum! I like sliced almonds in this recipe rather then the large almonds. This recipe is from lafujinnana.com She has some other great recipes and it would be worth your while to take a look at her great website.
- 1 cup unblanched whole almonds
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips or 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2-1 cup walnuts, finely chopped or 1⁄2-1 cup ground walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange the almonds in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet (or on a Silpat set on a baking sheet) over an area measuring 12×7 inches; set aside.
- Combine butter, sugar, vanilla, and salt in a heavy 2-quart saucepan. Cook over high heat, stirring constantly with a clean, dry, wooden spoon until butter is melted. Continue cooking and stirring for 5 to 7 minutes or until candy is color of unblanched almonds. Immediately pour candy, without scraping pan, over almonds, covering all nuts. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate in a heavy saucepan over low heat or in the microwave oven for 1 to 2 minutes or until chocolate is soft enough to stir smooth. Make sure to stir often so it does not burn. Spread chocolate mixture over cooled toffee and sprinkled with walnuts. Let cool until chocolate has hardened, then break into serving-size pieces.