Recipe by Kozmic Blues
From VEGANOMICON! These are intensely fudgey and amazing! This was one of my first attempts at vegan baking, and I am quite proud of how these turned out.
Top Review by KAVrana
For taste I would give it three stars, but since it is a Vegan recipe I gave it an extra star for not having eggs or butter. Also used strawberry jam and extra blueberries (frozen). Will make again, altering not to be vegan as all the oil makes it a bit greasy.
- 158.51 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips, plus
- 118.29 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 283.49 g blueberry preserves (spreadable fruit, smooth, no whole blueberries)
- 59.14 ml soymilk
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml canola oil
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 2.46 ml almond extract
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 59.14 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1.23 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 236.59 ml fresh blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Melt 2/3 cup chocolate chips over a double boiler or in microwave, your choice.
- In a large mixing bowl combine bluberry spreadable fruit, soy milk, sugar, canola oil and extracts.
- Mix on high until no large clumps are visible, about 2-3 minutes.
- Sift in flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir until well mixed, batter will be thick.
- Mix in melted chocolate.
- Fold in remaining 1/2 cup of whole chocolate chips and fresh blueberries.
- Spread batter in baking pan and bake for 45 minutes.
- Toothpick test is null and void here because the whole chocolate chips will stick anyway!
- Remove from oven and let cool.