1/1 Photo of Fudgy Wudgy Blueberry Brownies
Kozmic Blues's Note:
From VEGANOMICON! These are intensely fudgey and amazing! This was one of my first attempts at vegan baking, and I am quite proud of how these turned out.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, plus
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 10 ounces blueberry preserves (spreadable fruit, smooth, no whole blueberries)
- 1/4 cup soymilk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1Preheat oven to 325.
- 2Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- 3Melt 2/3 cup chocolate chips over a double boiler or in microwave, your choice.
- 4In a large mixing bowl combine bluberry spreadable fruit, soy milk, sugar, canola oil and extracts.
- 5Mix on high until no large clumps are visible, about 2-3 minutes.
- 6Sift in flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- 7Stir until well mixed, batter will be thick.
- 8Mix in melted chocolate.
- 9Fold in remaining 1/2 cup of whole chocolate chips and fresh blueberries.
- 10Spread batter in baking pan and bake for 45 minutes.
- 11Toothpick test is null and void here because the whole chocolate chips will stick anyway!
- 12Remove from oven and let cool.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fudgy Wudgy Blueberry Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (1175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.6
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 91.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 25.7 g
- Protein 2.2 g