Recipe by bmarie
A delicious, dense, chewy chocolate cake made with whole wheat flour and yogurt. Use any flavor of yogurt you want. I used strawberry and it was delicious, you could also use raspberry or vanilla or whatever else goes well with chocolate. Baking time is approximate. As one of the reviewers pointed out, it is better after it has cooled for a few hours, or even overnight. :)
Top Review by jennihart
I thought this was great! Light and moist. I used plain yogurt so it tastes more like a sour cream cake. To the person that hated it...you baked it too long maybe. my oven runs very hot and I adjust my temp downward quite a bit. I have to watch things carefully but this came out fine. added a vanilla buttercream frosting. my daughter loves it!!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt, any flavor
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease an 8x8 pan and preheat oven to 375.
- Blend all ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve as is, frosted, or dusted with powdered sugar.