Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I came across this recipe in my "star" muffin folder, hope you enjoy.
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons sugar (or more or less to taste)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup shortening, melted (Crisco is best)
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream or 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans or 3⁄4 cup walnuts (optional)
- 2⁄3 cup mini chocolate chip (optional)
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In the microwave, or in a small saucepan, over low heat, melt the 1 cup chocolate chips, and the butter with the 3/4 cup boiling water;stir constantly, until the chocolate and butter is melted and smooth; remove from heat.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- To the flour mixture, stir in the egg, melted shortening, half and half, or milk if using and the sour cream, with the melted chocolate mixture; mix with a wooden spoon just until blended.
- Fold in the chopped nuts, and the mini chocolate chips (if using).
- Fill the prepared muffin cups approx 3/4 full.
- Bake 20-22 minutes, or until the muffins test done.
- Cool 10 minutes, remove to wire rack.
These were an easy muffin to make. I got 16 very large muffins from this recipe. Thanks for the recipe.
Loved this easy delicious muffin recipe. I made exactly to the recipe and was delight with the results so was the 3 male members of the family.
Great muffins. I only have regular sized muffin pans, I got 2 dozen out of them. I didn't have semi sweet chips on hand so I used milk chocolate and reduced the sugar to 6 Tbs. We thought the sweetness level was good at this level. Didn't add the nuts since there would be really young children eating these but they were still good.