Recipe by grandma2969
these always go well at cookie exchanges
Top Review by PhylPhyl
If anyone likes REALLY sweet bars, these would be for you. This sounded very easy to put together with ingredients I usually have on hand, so I thought I would give them a try. They were very easy to make and took minimal time. I followed the directions exactly, including the cooling time; but when I tried to cut them, the entire topping separated from the crust. This made them terribly messy to eat. Also, they ended up being too sweet for our taste -- even though we like our sweet desserts. I might try making them again for a bake sale because they are easy, but I don't think I will make them again for us (strictly personal preference on taste).
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 3⁄4 cup M&M'
- 1⁄4 cup hot fudge topping, warmed
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350*.
- grease 13x9" pan -- with crisco.set aside.
- in large bowl, beat all crust ingredients on low speed -- till coarse crumbs.
- press mixture in bottom of pan and bake for 10-12 mintes or golden.remove partially baked crust from oven --
- sprinkle marshmallows over crust.return to oven.bake 1-2 minutes or marshmallows just begin to puff --
- remove pan from oven and sprinkle m&m's evenly over marshmallows.
- drizzle warmed hot fudge sauce over top.
- cool completely on wire rack.about 1 hour before cutting into bars -- .