Recipe by HONN Schwartz
This is an awesomly easy and delicious addition to frozen desserts, cakes, fruits and anything else that comes to mind. Make it often and keep on hand.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar (OR 1/2 cup white granulated sugar with 1/4 cup brown sugar)
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened good quality Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄8 cup Amaretto or 1⁄8 cup Kahlua (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut butter into small pieces.
- Place the cream, sugar, butter and liquor, if using in a medium-sized heavy saucepan.
- Heat to a boil, stirring constantly to melt sugar.
- Lower heat to low setting and cook until thickened, being careful not to burn.
- Remove from heat and stir in cocoa powder until well blended.
- This recipe makes about 2 cups of awesomely delicious sauce.
- I've used it on frozen desserts and as a fruit"dip".
- It keeps up to a week or so refrigerated.
- Bring to room temperature or heat before reusing.
- RECIPE ADAPTED FROM THE BEST ICE CREAM MAKER COOKBOOK EVER by PEGGY FALLON.
- I highly recommend this book for home ice cream fans.