Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Try this decadent fudgy brownie with raspberry swirls; a family favorite yet special enough for holiday cookie trays. Found in Land O Lakes Cookbook. I adapted by one ingredient for our taste preference.
- Heat oven to 350°F Place butter and unsweetened chocolate in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100% power) for 1 minute; stir. Microwave 30 seconds; stir until smooth; set aside.
- Combine sugar, eggs and vanilla extract in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, until well mixed. Add melted chocolate mixture; continue beating until well mixed. Reduce speed to low; add flour and salt. Beat just until mixed. Spread batter into greased 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Stir jam until smooth. Drop tablespoonfuls of jam evenly over batter. Swirl jam through batter using knife. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until set and brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. (DO NOT OVERBAKE.) Cool completely.
- Place whipping cream in 1-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat just until cream begins to boil (1 to 2 minutes). Add semi-sweet chocolate; remove from heat. Stir with wire whisk until smooth. Spread over brownies.
- Recipe Tip
- For easy pan removal and cutting, line baking pan with aluminum foil, leaving 1-inch overhang on ends; lightly grease foil. Once brownies are cooled and frosted, remove brownies by lifting foil at edges. Cut into bars.
Bestever ! The jam made these so moist but not wet. I used red currant jam but any berry jam would work wonderfully with the chocolate. Made for Everyday is a Holiday.
These were a big hit with friends and family..!!
I subbed raspberry jam, for fruits of the forest as my kids love it, and between them and their friends they put a huge dent into the batch that I cooked up.
One to keep, thanks diner!!!
Made for PRMR.
OUTSTANDING BROWNIES, & that remark comes from 2 extreme chocoholics! I'm usually partial to chocolate & orange combos, but this new twist is just what I need to keep my sweet tooth tingling & at peak performance! Definitely a winner & keeper of a recipe! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hits tag]