Recipe by mydesigirl
I really like turning ordinary cake mixes into special cakes.
Top Review by MrsK
This is a delicious recipe from the book "Homemade Christmas" from Gooseberry Patch series of books. The chocolate-water-sugar turns into a delicious sauce at the bottom of the pan. VERY easy to make and everybody who likes chocolate will love it.
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 18 1⁄2 ounces chocolate cake mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first 4 ingredients and pour into a greased 9x13 baking pan.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on the package and spoon batter over marshmallow mixture in the pan.
- Top with nuts, if desired.
- Bake at 350* for 45-50 minutes until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or cool and garnish with whip topping or vanilla ice cream, if desired.