Recipe by wife2abadge
I think this was a Pillsbury contest winner at some point. Don't worry that the dough seems rather like brownie dough before you chill it -- it will be fine after it's cold.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups white flour
- 1 cup whole salted peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt together the margarine and chocolate until smooth.
- Stir in the white sugar.
- Add the unbeaten eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Blend in the flour and the peanuts.
- Chill dough 2 hours or overnight.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees 12-16 minutes or until cookies spring back when touched lightly.