LUv 2 BaKE's Note:
A plain white cake from a mix can be boring. This cake is anything but boring! The richness of peanut butter combined with fudgy chocolate and topped off with chocolate sauce is divine. The espresso adds to the richness of the chocolate flavour and the applesauce creates a moist cake without extra added fat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) package reduced-fat white cake mix or 1 (18 ounce) package reduced-sugar white cake mix
Peanut Butter Batter
- 3 tablespoons sugar-free chocolate syrup
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 egg white
- 6 tablespoons applesauce
- 1/2 cup espresso or 1/2 cup very strong brewed coffee, cooled
- sugar-free chocolate syrup
- 1Double check to make sure the cake mix you have chosen makes one 9”x13” cake. Separate the cake mix into 2 equal halves by weight in two separate bowls, using a food scale.
- 2Peanut Butter Batter: To one bowl containing one half of the cake mix, add the peanut butter, egg white, applesauce and milk. Stir until well mixed.
- 3Chocolate Batter: To the other bowl containing the other half of the cake mix, add the chocolate syrup, cocoa, egg white, applesauce and espresso or very strong coffee. Stir until well mixed.
- 4Spray a 9"x13"baking pan with cooking spray. Pour peanut butter batter into pan by pouring 8 "blobs" of batter in a checker like pattern. Add the chocolate batter by pouring sections of batter in each spot on the pan that doesn't not have peanut butter batter. Using a bread knife swirl your knife through the batter to create a swirled effect.
- 5Bake in the oven at 350F for 25-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 6Once cool cut cake with a non-serrated knife. This will ensure minimal crumbs.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fudgy Peanut Butter Swirl Cake
Serving Size: 1 (31 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 65.5
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.5 mg
- Sodium 50.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat white cake mix
sugar-free chocolate syrup