Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 10 mins
Cook1 hr 55 mins
Source: Pillsbury Bake-Off Contest "Slices of a rich filling are nestled between peanutty cookies, then topped with a luscious chocolate glaze." NOTE: To grind peanuts, place in food processor bowl with metal blade. Cover; process with on-and-off pulses until coarsely ground.
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) roll pillsbury create n bake refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough
- 1 cup honey roasted peanuts, coarsely ground
- 2 tablespoons honey roasted peanuts, coarsely ground
Peanut Butter Fudge Filling
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- In large bowl, break up cookie dough.
- Mix in 1 cup of the peanuts.
- Cover; refrigerate about 30 minutes or until well chilled.
- Heat oven to 375°F
- Spray cookie sheets with non-stick cooking spray, or line with cooking parchment paper.
- Shape dough into 36 (1 1/4-inch) balls.
- Place balls 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Flatten to 1/2-inch thickness with lightly floured metal spatula or drinking glass.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack.
- Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, melt butter and peanut butter over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Cool 1 minute.
- Stir in powdered sugar.
- When cool enough to handle, knead filling several times until powdered sugar is thoroughly blended.
- Shape into log, about 9 inches long and 2 inches in diameter.
- Cut into 18 (1/2-inch) slices, reshaping slices into round shape if necessary.
- Cover with plastic wrap; set aside.
- When ready to assemble cookies, place 1 filling slice on bottom of 1 cookie; top with another cookie, bottom side down, and press together slightly.
- Repeat with remaining cookies.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and whipping cream uncovered on High about 1 minute, stirring twice, until melted.
- Spoon heaping 1 teaspoonful on top of each cookie.
- Sprinkle with remaining ground peanuts. Let stand 10 minutes or until ganache is set.
- Store tightly covered in single layer at room temperature.