3 hrs 5 mins
1 hr 10 mins
1 hr 55 mins
Source: Pillsbury Bake-Off Contest "Slices of a rich filling are nestled between peanutty cookies, then topped with a luscious chocolate glaze." NOTE: To grind peanuts, place in food processor bowl with metal blade. Cover; process with on-and-off pulses until coarsely ground.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) roll pillsbury create n bake refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough
- 1 cup honey roasted peanuts, coarsely ground
- 2 tablespoons honey roasted peanuts, coarsely ground
Peanut Butter Fudge Filling
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1In large bowl, break up cookie dough.
- 2Mix in 1 cup of the peanuts.
- 3Cover; refrigerate about 30 minutes or until well chilled.
- 4Heat oven to 375°F
- 5Spray cookie sheets with non-stick cooking spray, or line with cooking parchment paper.
- 6Shape dough into 36 (1 1/4-inch) balls.
- 7Place balls 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- 8Flatten to 1/2-inch thickness with lightly floured metal spatula or drinking glass.
- 9Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- 10Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack.
- 11Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- 12Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, melt butter and peanut butter over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- 13Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- 14Cool 1 minute.
- 15Stir in powdered sugar.
- 16When cool enough to handle, knead filling several times until powdered sugar is thoroughly blended.
- 17Shape into log, about 9 inches long and 2 inches in diameter.
- 18Cut into 18 (1/2-inch) slices, reshaping slices into round shape if necessary.
- 19Cover with plastic wrap; set aside.
- 20When ready to assemble cookies, place 1 filling slice on bottom of 1 cookie; top with another cookie, bottom side down, and press together slightly.
- 21Repeat with remaining cookies.
- 22In medium microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and whipping cream uncovered on High about 1 minute, stirring twice, until melted.
- 23Spoon heaping 1 teaspoonful on top of each cookie.
- 24Sprinkle with remaining ground peanuts. Let stand 10 minutes or until ganache is set.
- 25Store tightly covered in single layer at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fudgy Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 744.9
- Calories from Fat 420
- Total Fat 46.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 45.7 mg
- Sodium 405.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 42.8 g
- Protein 13.8 g