3 hrs 5 mins
1 hr 10 mins
1 hr 55 mins
Source: Pillsbury Bake-Off Contest "Slices of a rich filling are nestled between peanutty cookies, then topped with a luscious chocolate glaze." NOTE: To grind peanuts, place in food processor bowl with metal blade. Cover; process with on-and-off pulses until coarsely ground.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) roll pillsbury create n bake refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough
- 1 cup honey roasted peanuts, coarsely ground
- 2 tablespoons honey roasted peanuts, coarsely ground
Peanut Butter Fudge Filling
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1In large bowl, break up cookie dough.
- 2Mix in 1 cup of the peanuts.
- 3Cover; refrigerate about 30 minutes or until well chilled.
- 4Heat oven to 375°F
- 5Spray cookie sheets with non-stick cooking spray, or line with cooking parchment paper.
- 6Shape dough into 36 (1 1/4-inch) balls.
- 7Place balls 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- 8Flatten to 1/2-inch thickness with lightly floured metal spatula or drinking glass.
- 9Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- 10Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack.
- 11Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- 12Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, melt butter and peanut butter over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- 13Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- 14Cool 1 minute.
- 15Stir in powdered sugar.
- 16When cool enough to handle, knead filling several times until powdered sugar is thoroughly blended.
- 17Shape into log, about 9 inches long and 2 inches in diameter.
- 18Cut into 18 (1/2-inch) slices, reshaping slices into round shape if necessary.
- 19Cover with plastic wrap; set aside.
- 20When ready to assemble cookies, place 1 filling slice on bottom of 1 cookie; top with another cookie, bottom side down, and press together slightly.
- 21Repeat with remaining cookies.
- 22In medium microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and whipping cream uncovered on High about 1 minute, stirring twice, until melted.
- 23Spoon heaping 1 teaspoonful on top of each cookie.
- 24Sprinkle with remaining ground peanuts. Let stand 10 minutes or until ganache is set.
- 25Store tightly covered in single layer at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fudgy Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 744.9
- Calories from Fat 420
- Total Fat 46.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 45.7 mg
- Sodium 405.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 42.8 g
- Protein 13.8 g