I got this recipe from the Cooking During Stolen Moments blog at stolenmomentscooking.com where I have found many wonderful recipes. It is a little complicated but definitely worth the effort and you can cut these bars into very small pieces because they are so rich and delicious and dense! Whenever I bring these to an event I always get asked for the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
For Base and Topping
- 1Combine all filling ingredients in small saucepan and cook over low heat. Stir occasionally until everything is melted and combined. Remove from heat.
- 2In a large mixing bowl cream together sugars and butters until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; mix until combined.
- 3Stir in flour, 1 1/2 cups oats, baking soda and salt. Work in remaining 1 cup of oats with hands or a spoon.
- 4Reserve 1 1/2 cups oats mixture for the topping.
- 5Press the remaining oats mixture into a greased 13 x 9 baking dish. Pour fudgy filling on top. Crumble reserved oats mixture and sprinkle over the top.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes, until top is lightly browned. Cool and then refrigerate to firm completely.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fudgy Peanut Butter & Oatmeal Bars
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.8
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 41.4 mg
- Sodium 198.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 24.9 g
- Protein 7.0 g