Recipe by Marz
This recipe was the grand prize winner of the Cook Country's holiday cookie contest. Submitted by Susan Bazan from Sequim, Washington this cookies recipe combines both peanut butter and chocolate a great pairing! This recipe you will need a mini muffin tin . A piping bag is suggested to assure a neat assembly. The crust is a store bought sugar cookie mix.
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) package sugar cookie mix
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 12 cup mini-muffin tin. Combine cookie mix, pecans and flour in bowl. Slowly stir in butter until mixture resembles wet sand. Press 1 TBSP cookie mixture into bottom and sides of each muffin cup. Bake until golden, about 10 minutes. Cool 20 minutes in tin, then turn out cookies. Repeat with remaining dough.
- With electric mixer on medium high speed, beat 1 cup cream to stiff peaks, about 2 minutes. In another bowl, beat peanut butter, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla on medium speed until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Microwave chocolate and remaining cream in a small bowl, stirring occasionally, until smooth, about 1 minute. Pour 1/2 tsp chocolate mixture into each cookie cup, then fill cups with 1 TBSP peanut butter mixture. Drizzle remaining chocolate evenly over cookies and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.