Recipe by 89240
These are just amazing, you may find it hard to quit eating them!
Top Review by Potluck
When ever I use oranges for anything I always peel the zest and dry it..So, for this recipe I added 1 tsp water to my dried zest and 1/8 tsp orange extract..Let it sit for 5 minutes..And made the brownies..I loved these chewy little squares my DH liked the orange flavor,but thought they were a little to chocolately..He's Mad of course..One can never have too much chocolate..I highly recommend this recipe....You might want to double the recipe as they dissappear too quickly...
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium orange, zest of
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Mix together oil and sugar.
- Add eggs, vanilla, zest, and juice.
- Mix well.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Add to wet mixture, stirring gently until just combined.
- Pour into greased 8x8 baking pan.
- Bake 20-23 minutes until done.
- Allow to sit at room temperature at least 30 minutes before cutting.
- NOTE:I made these again, and for some reason, they were not done until about 26 minutes-test them with a butterknife at 23 minutes, if it is still liquidy, bake for a little longer, when done, the knife won't come completely clean, but the brownies should NOT be liquidy.
- Let me know how long it took you to bake them.