Prep 10 mins
Cook 23 mins
These are just amazing, you may find it hard to quit eating them!
Make and share this Fudgy Orange Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium orange, zest of
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Mix together oil and sugar.
- Add eggs, vanilla, zest, and juice.
- Mix well.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Add to wet mixture, stirring gently until just combined.
- Pour into greased 8x8 baking pan.
- Bake 20-23 minutes until done.
- Allow to sit at room temperature at least 30 minutes before cutting.
- NOTE:I made these again, and for some reason, they were not done until about 26 minutes-test them with a butterknife at 23 minutes, if it is still liquidy, bake for a little longer, when done, the knife won't come completely clean, but the brownies should NOT be liquidy.
- Let me know how long it took you to bake them.
When ever I use oranges for anything I always peel the zest and dry it..So, for this recipe I added 1 tsp water to my dried zest and 1/8 tsp orange extract..Let it sit for 5 minutes..And made the brownies..I loved these chewy little squares my DH liked the orange flavor,but thought they were a little to chocolately..He's Mad of course..One can never have too much chocolate..I highly recommend this recipe....You might want to double the recipe as they dissappear too quickly...
These are really really fantastic! What a wonderful flavor with the orange in there. Time was way off for me, unfortunately I lost track of how many times I reset the timer for a couple of minutes, it was either 28 or 30 minutes that mine took. These were just as quick and easy as buying the boxes of brownie mix, but were so much better with a nice rich flavor.
You are right,Sleepy. These are truely amazing. Made these last night and all were gone 1/2 hour after I started to cut them.Tastes just like the chocolate covered orange jelly sticks that I love so much. I baked them for exactly 22 minutes and they were just right. Thanks again,Sleepy for a recipe that will truely impress my friends and family.