This is one of my mother's recipes, and I absolutely love the taste the wheat germ adds!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 5 tablespoons margarine
- 3/4 cup tbsps quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar (I use Splenda)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease 8X8X2 inch pan.
- 3Melt chocolate with margarine in small heavy saucepan over very low heat or in double boiler.
- 4Remover from heat; blend. Reserve.
- 5Combine oats, wheat germ, nonfat dry milk, baking poder, salt (you can add 1/2 cup chopped walnuts if you like) in medium size bowl. Mix well. Reserve.
- 6Beat eggs in medium size bowl until light.
- 7Gradually beat in both sugars and vanilla until mixture is thick.
- 8Stir in chocolate mixture; fold in oat mixture. Spread batter in pan.
- 9Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean and the top is crips and edges firm.
- 10Cool in pan on rack. Cover with foil, and refrigerate overnight.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fudgy Oatmeal Wheat Germ Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (38 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 147.0
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 13.7 mg
- Sodium 153.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 3.3 g