Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found this recipe years ago from where, I don't recall. It's a fav. of my whole family.A wonderful, easy cake. Cut into squares.No need for icing on this one. It's so moist and dark and "delish"..and good for you....
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pour boiling water over oats, set aside.
- Combine: shortening, vanilla and oats.
- Beat with mixer till well-blended.
- Then beat for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs.
- Beat 2 minutes more.
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, soda, salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet.
- Pour into greased/sprayed 9x13 pan.
- Bake, preheated 350°F oven for 30-35 minutes.
- No need for icing this one.
- It's so moist and dark and "delish".
This really is a good, moist cake. You would never know there was oatmeal in it if you hadn't read the recipe. Even through it is a very rich, moist cake, my family opted for double fudge frosting. :) Thanks for sharing!
This recipe was wonderful! Really dark and rich..a wonderful chocolate brownie.
Made it per the directions. Tasted okay last night, but could not get anybody at work to eat them, even with Blue Bell ice cream....
Will not try again.