Recipe by Beve
I found this recipe years ago from where, I don't recall. It's a fav. of my whole family.A wonderful, easy cake. Cut into squares.No need for icing on this one. It's so moist and dark and "delish"..and good for you....
Top Review by Bev
This really is a good, moist cake. You would never know there was oatmeal in it if you hadn't read the recipe. Even through it is a very rich, moist cake, my family opted for double fudge frosting. :) Thanks for sharing!
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour boiling water over oats, set aside.
- Combine: shortening, vanilla and oats.
- Beat with mixer till well-blended.
- Then beat for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs.
- Beat 2 minutes more.
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, soda, salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet.
- Pour into greased/sprayed 9x13 pan.
- Bake, preheated 350°F oven for 30-35 minutes.
- No need for icing this one.
- It's so moist and dark and "delish".