Recipe by Trilby
I love using oatmeal instead of white flour. It is a whole grain and adds moist chewiness to baked goods as well as being good for you. These easy brownies are super-easy to make.
Top Review by Daddys G.
I normally do not write reviews, but this is an exception. I added 1/4 tsp. baking powder, 1/4 c. each mini choc chips and chopped walnuts. Will reduce salt and sugar next time. I love the fudgy goodness and the chew of these brownies. I have tried many gluten free brownie recipes but I no longer have to search...this IS the one. Chill these brownies in the frig for easier cutting. Thanks for posting!!!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup quick oatmeal
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 and butter an 8 x 8 pan.
- Melt butter in a glass bowl in the microwave.
- Meanwhile, process oatmeal in a food processor or clean coffee grinder for a few moments till it is more flour-like.
- Add the cocoa to the melted butter and mix well.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Stir in the egg.
- Stir in the oat flour and vanilla.
- The batter will be rather stiff. Spread it evenly in the buttered pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.