1/1 Photo of Fudgy "no-Guilt" Brownies
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate or 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa (Dutch Process if you have it.)
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 egg whites
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup walnuts or 1/2 cup pecans, toasted, chopped
- powdered sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 350 deg.; line the inside of an 8" baking pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2Place the chocolate, butter, cocoa and coffee granules in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high power, until melted; stir every 45 seconds of cooking time.
- 3Stir in sugar, applesauce and egg whites.
- 4In a small bowl mix together the flour, salt and baking powder until thoroughly combined, stir into chocolate mixture just until mixed well.
- 5Fold in toasted nuts and pour the batter into prepared pan.
- 6Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 7Cool brownies in the pan, then life out and remove the foil.
- 8Cut into 12 bars and dust lightly with powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fudgy "no-Guilt" Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 121.8
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 70.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 2.2 g