Recipe by Lee_tah
THEE best chocolate indulgence! The mousse topping gets fudgy as it cooks with the brownie...YUM. Taken from a "Gold Medal Flour" cook booklet.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 12 ounces dark chocolate, chopped (or dark choc chips)
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup cream
- 6 ounces dark chocolate, chopped (or chips)
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Grease a 13 x 9 inch pan and line with cooking paper (to makeit easier to get out.
- Heat butter and choc pieces in microwave on MED for 2 minutes. Stir. Repeat until chocolate is almost completely melted. A few lumps are better than burning it.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except Mousse Topping.
- Spread in the pan.
- Prepare Mousse Topping and pour evenly over batter.
- Bake 45 minutes.
- Cool 2 hours or overnight before cutting into small squares -- it's worth the wait!
- Mousse Topping: Put cream and chocolate in microwave on MED for 1 minute then stir. Do this until chocolate is melted. Set aside to cool slightly. Beat eggs, sugar and salt until foamy and pale coloured, about 5 minutes; stir into chocolate mixture.