For me, there is nothing better than the pairing of chocolate and coffee. These brownies are big on flavor and lower in fat compared to many recipes. This recipe is from Cooking Light magazine. I don't know the issue or date.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat bottom and sides of 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. (I don't have a 9-inch baking dish, I used an 8X8 glass dish, and it worked for us since we like our brownies a little wet, we think it's more decadent that way!).
- Combine coffee and hot water and stir until coffee is dissolved.
- Combine butter and chocolate chips in microwaveable dish and heat on high for 1 minute until butter melts, then stir until this mixture is smooth.
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Combine coffee mixture, butter mixture, vanilla and eggs in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Add coffee mixture with flour mixture; stir just until combined.
- Spread evenly into prepared pan. Sprinkle evenly with toffee chips.
- Bake at 350F for 22 minutes, cool on wire rack. Cut into squares when competely cooled. We like to refrigerate them before cutting.