For an added burst of mint, serve these with a scoop of mint chocolate chip ice cream. I got this recipe in a magazine when I was 19 years old.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) package mint chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 1Preheat oven to 350*F.
- 2Grease and flour 12 standard-size muffin cups, or line with paper wrappers; set aside.
- 3CUPCAKE BATTER: Melt 1 cup of the mint chips and the butter together in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring often, until melted and smooth.
- 4Remove pan from heat; set aside.
- 5In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- 6In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer on high speed, beat the eggs for about 1 minute.
- 7Gradually beat in the sugar until the mixture is light.
- 8Reduce mixer speed to medium; blend in the melted chocolate mixture, sour cream, and vanilla.
- 9Reduce mixer speed to low; blend in the flour mixture, 1/3 at a time, just until combined.
- 10Spoon the batter into the prepared cups; bake until the tops are shiny and crackled but still soft when lightly pressed with a fingertip, about 20 minutes.
- 11Cool completely in the tins on a wire rack.
- 12MAKE THE GLAZE: Bring the cream to a simmer in a small saucepan over moderate heat.
- 13Add the remaining 1 cup mint chips, butter, and corn syrup, shaking the pan to immerse the chocolate and butter completely in the hot cream.
- 14Let stand for 1 minute; beat with a spoon until smooth.
- 15Spoon glaze over the tops of the cooled cupcakes; let stand until set.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fudgy Mint Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (948 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.4
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 73.5 mg
- Sodium 178.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 4.0 g