Recipe by Sherrybeth
This is from the September 28, 2007 issue of Allyou. I made them last week and they are really good.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed firmly
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, plus
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray the sides of an 8 inch square pan and line bottom with parchment paper.
- Melt 1/2 of the butter, the cookie crumbs, the brown sugar and a pinch of salt together.
- Press this mixture FIRMLY in the bottom of the baking pan and bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove this from the oven after 12 minutes.
- In a heatproof bowl, combine the remaining butter, the unsweetened chocolate and microwave at 20 second intervals until melted, stirring at each interval. Allow this mixture to cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, sugar and vanilla and whisk well.
- Stir the chocolate mixture into the egg/sugar mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Add flour and mix until just combined.
- Pout this mixture over the cooled crust and bake until just set (about 20 minutes).
- Remove the pan from the oven.
- Set your broiler to high and place an oven rack about 3 inches from the heat source.
- Sprinkle the marshmallows on top of the bars and sprinkle the chocolate chips over the marshmallows.
- Broil about 1 minute or until marshmallows start to brown. MAKE SURE TO WATCH CAREFULLY!
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before cutting into squares.